Telephone: 93 581 23 70
Massó Carreras, Jordi
Mechanism Design Group Leader
SUNY at Stony Brook, 1988
Game Theory, Social Choice.
Jordi Massó is a Professor of Economics at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona since 1994 . He received his Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1988. In the academic year 1988-1989 he was a Postdoctoral Fellow of the Department of Economics at the University of Pittsburgh. Since 1989 Jordi Massó has been teaching and doing research on Game Theory, Social Choice and Mechanism Design at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. In 1996-1999 Jordi Massó was co-editor of Investigaciones Económicas. He is Associate Editor of Economics Bulletin (since 2001) and Social Choice and Welfare (since 2005). Jordi Massó was elected member of the Council of the Executive Committee of the Spanish Economic Association for the period 1999-2001 and since 2009 he is one of its Honorary Fellows. Since 2006 he is an elected member of the Council of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare and an Affiliated Professor of the Barcelona Graduate Schools of Economics. Jordi Massó has received the prize “ICREA Acadèmia” (2009-2013) for excellence in research, founded by the Generalitat de Catalunya. Jordi Massó is a member of MOVE since its creation in 2009.
- “Incomplete Information and Singleton Cores in Matching Markets,” by L. Ehlers and J. Massó. Journal of Economic Theory 136, 587-600 (2007).
- Salvador Barberà , Jordi Massó, and Alejandro Neme. “Voting by Committees under Constraints,” Journal of Economic Theory 122, 185-205 (2005).
- Strategy-proofness and Equal-cost Sharing for Excludable Public Goods, by J. Massó, A. Nicolò, and A. Sen.
- The Division Problem with Voluntary Participation: Strategy-proofness, by G. Bergantiños, J. Massó, and A. Neme.
- The Division Problem with Capacity Constraints, by G. Bergantiños, J. Massó, and A. Neme.