Telephone: 93 581 21 92
Martínez Giralt, Xavier
Research FellowInstitutional Relationships Coordinator
Université Catholique de Louvain, 1988
Industrial Organization. Health Economics.
Xavier Martinez-Giralt is Professor of Economics at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. He earned his PhD in Economics in 1988 from Université Catholique de Louvain (CORE). His research interests span both industrial organization and health economics. In particular, the strategic modeling of providers interaction, the Cost-sharing of Pharmaceutical R&D, hospital performance and the private-public mix, and the diffusion of technology in the health care sector. Xavier Martinez-Giralt is a MOVE Research Fellow since the creation of the institute in 2009.
- Barros, P.P. and X. Martinez-Giralt, 2002, Public and Private Provision of Health Care, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 11(1): 109-133.
- Barros, P.P. and X. Martinez Giralt, 2005, Negotiation Advantages of Professional Associations in Health Care, International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, 5: 191-204.
- On Modeling Transport Costs (joint with J.M. Usategui)
- Partnerships in pre-competitive agreements (joint with R. Nicolini)
- Technological difussion, expenditure and regulation in health care (joint with P.P. Barros)