Telephone: 93 581 47 39
Ballester Oyarzun, Miguel Ángel
Research FellowVisiting Fellows Program Coordinator
Universidad Pública de Navarra, 2002
Social Choice, Decision Theory
Miguel A. Ballester is Assistant Professor at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. He received his Ph.D. from Universidad Pública de Navarra in 2002. After graduating, he was Juan de la Cierva Fellow of Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona 2004-2007, and currently, Ramón y Cajal Research Professor. His main research interests include Microeconomic Theory, covering issues such as Individual Decision Making or Social Choice and Welfare. Miguel A. Ballester is a MOVE Research Fellow since the creation of the institute in 2009.
- Some remarks on Ranking Opportunity Sets and Arrow Impossibility results: Correspondence results. Journal of Economic Theory. Volume 124(1) 116-123 . 2005 (joint with J. Alcalde-Unzu)
- Extending an order to the power set: the Leximax Criterion. Social Choice and Welfare. Volume 21(1) 63-71. 2003 (joint with J.R. de Miguel)
- On ranking opportunity distributions. (joint with Jorge Alcalde-Unzu).
- On the complexity of rationalizing behavior. (Joint with José Apesteguia).
- Rationalizability of Choice by Sequential Procedures. (joint with José Apesteguia).